Friday, December 19, 2008

So in a week ...

Christmas will be over for another year. The next week will be alot of fun for most of us, time with family and friends and food, and maybe some great presents!! This will be the first Christmas since my divorce many years ago that I will have both kids on Christmas morning and no need to return them to MS. I have had them on Christmas morning but I have always had to rush them home the next day. I'm extra thankful for that this year. Of course the presents aren't what they use to be, like new toys and all that but they got the stuff on their list so they should be excited just nothing to "play" with. Neither of the kids our very big gammers so not even new xbox games.

I wrote out our menu for Christmas day yesterday, its huge. We stay home Christmas day sometimes people drop by. But mostly we are just at home. I'm going to post the menu not because I think anyone cares what I eat on Christmas day but I want to have it on the blog so I can look back on it next year.

  • Cinnamon rolls early while we open gifts
  • (breakfast) omelets with lots of veggies, bacon, sausage links, french toast, syrup, fresh orange juice
  • (lunch) summer sausage, cheese, cheesball, crackers, brownies and cookies
  • (supper) ham, hamburgers(nick request), corn casserole, sweet pot casserole, green beans,macaroni and cheese, potato salad,(em requested) rolls, cappuccino pie

That is my menu for Christmas day. Try to post again a couple of times before the holiday.

2 comments:

Debbie H said...

Hey, good thing I am not in BG, I'd come to your house for Christmas! Cinnamon buns are our Christmas morning tradition, mm.

Glad we left for Roch early, so much snow, oh I hate it. 12" Friday, 4" overnight, and another 3-5" tomorrow. We had a great drive, the weather was not bad until we got about 10 miles from my mom's. Oh why oh why won't she move to KY??

Deb H

Betty said...

Enjoy the precious time with your kids and family - that is so priceless!

Ok, about that menu - YUM!!!
I've got a few of those on my list as well. Cinnamon rolls, cheeseball w/crackers, etc. Then family dinner with about 50 Keowns around 5pm.